Is anyone out there aware of Core Collection Guidelines in the areas of
BioTechnology and Chemistry.  I am part of a committee setting up guidelines
to weed the Biotechnology Library at the US Patent and Trademark Office.  I
know there are core collection lists available for some subject areas, such
as Medicine, and I was wondering if there were any published guidelines for
the areas of Biochemistry, Chemistry, Drugs, Genetic Engineering, Plant
Technology.

We want to make sure we don't toss anything that might be considered core or
essential even if it hasn't been used here for a while.

Thanks for your help with this.

Toby Port
703-308-3534
US Patent and Trademark Office
Scientific and Technical Information Center
Biotechnology Library