>From:  MX%"[log in to unmask]"  "Science Fiction and Fantasy Listserv"  7-FEB-2003 08:48:37.55
>To:    MX%"[log in to unmask]"
>Subj:  Re: Redemption and People of the Antipodes and ET's

>I am only slightly acquainted with Catholic theology
>and can be of no use in that respect.  Your question
>brings to mind two short sf stories that relate to the
>subject.   I'm not next to our collection at the
>moment but I remember a Ray Bradbury story of an
>Ahab-like (or perhaps Herod-like)space captain
>following a Christ-like figure from planet to planet
>and always missing him.  I think it is called "THE
>MAN".  There is also a story involving a missionary to
>ETs who brings the traditional message of death and
>redemption to ETs, and ends with him being crucified
>by the empirically-minded ETs.  Don't remeber the
>author title but suspect that it may well be by Zelazny.

I'm familiar with the Bradbury story and have included it in my
extensive bibliography of religious sf & f; thanks!  The other story
sounds interesting, and I would like to get a hold of it.  If anyone
on the list is familiar with the name and author of the story, please
send it to me.  Thanks!  I will check Zelazny titles at amazon.com,
abebooks.com, and alibris.com.

>=====
>"If you can't be a good example, you must settle for being a horrible warning"
>Catherine Aird

Cindy Smith             I have further observed under the sun that
[log in to unmask]          The race is not won by the swift,
[log in to unmask]             Nor the battle by the valiant;
[log in to unmask]   Nor is bread won by the wise,
Me transmitte sursum,   Nor wealth by the intelligent,
        Caledoni!       Nor favor by the learned.
A Real Live Catholic    For the time of mischance comes to all.
        in Georgia!             -- JPS Ecclesiastes 9:11