Peter,

Intriguing points, all, but an open source  _file format_ is just the first
step, as you allude to in your message.

In playback, does the BL intend as a fail-safe method to use an "open
source" software decoder for CDs? Does this decoder run under the (open
source) Linux operating system? Is the hardware running the Linux software
built on proprietary or open source chips/components? (If there is such a
thing as the latter...)

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Bresler