At 10:42 PM 3/19/2003 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> [...]

That is the implication of the few data we have. The quoted values are of
the order of 10 years for shelf life and 100-200 years of recorded life. My
experience suggests that shelf life longer than 2 years depends on your
tolerance for errors. There are also strong indications that the 1000 erase
cycles quoted for life of erasable media is a vast overstatement.

You are free to believe the 100-year and 200-year quotations if you wish.
Unless they are very far off from reality, I do not expect to be around
when there are unequivocal data.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/