> There is no Better then Plextor!!! They are the only drives you can
> actually send in to be rebuilt, the quality it absolutely top notch. I
> wouldn't use anything but a plextor for audio.
>

> Dave Meyers
> Overkill audio inc.

In January I bought a Plextor 48-24-48 Firewire burner online for a little
over $200. I'm quite happy with it so far. This brings up a question. With
the ever increasing speeds of burners, what is the best speed to burn at. I
have heard that with these faster burners, slow burns are more prone to
errors, but how fast is too fast? I understand that the Mitsui gold discs
are only certified to 24X, but is it safe to burn at that high of a speed?

Matthew Sohn
Audio Preservationist
Louis Armstrong House and Archives