If anyone can help this guy from your collections, please email him direct. His address is below.

Steve

Forwarded Message:
Subj: barbershop
Date: 3/15/03 2:08:50 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: [log in to unmask]

Dear Mr. Ramm,

I'm a graduate student at Penn working on a dissertation on barbershop quartet
performance in Philadelphia, 1900-2002. Tim Brooks mentioned that you might
know where I could locate recordings of male vocal quartets from the early part
of the last century. They would have appeared in a variety of venues,
including minstrel shows, radio shows, advertizing jingles, and vaudeville
acts. I'm especially interested in recordings of groups from Philadelphia,
e.g. the Quaker City Four. Have you run accross any such recordings, or do you
know anyone who might?

Thanks for your assistance.

Yours, -Rick Mook
Ph.D. Candidate