A few thoughts about 5 & 6, regarding expectations about turnaround time
and relations with coop liaisons -

We've also experienced some frustrations with this, but primarily with
lack of response to specific questions.  Generally, if we encounter a
complex question that I can't resolve to my satisfaction, I've wanted to
consult with someone before submitting the proposal, rather than submit it
and see what happens.  There have often been times when I don't get any
response back, and when I've asked about it, it just seems that the
liaisons are overwhelmed.

So I've wondered... is it better to just drop such a proposal, or to
submit it and let the potential problem get worked out in the review
process, or...?  I've figured that it saves time for reviewers overall if
sticky questions are resolved upfront.  If the reality is that we can't
expect answers to individual questions, then what is the responsible thing
to do?

-- Lori