At 11:48 AM 3/17/2003 -0800, Rick Beaubien wrote:
>1) A short description of METS applications both planned and in production.

CDL has developed a simple content management system / digital library
object repository that is based on METS.  There are 4 profiles of METS in
production; EAD finding aids, simple image objects extracted from EAD, and
two profiles of TEI text objects.  There are profiles under development for
future submission of digital objects from UCB and other content
sources.  The relationship and mapping of DDI to METS is being analyzed for
numeric data objects.

>2) Projected dates of implementation (if not yet in production).

The system supports production services.

http://californiadigitallibrary.org/
http://www.oac.cdlib.org/search.image.html
http://escholarship.cdlib.org/ucpress/
http://www.oac.cdlib.org/texts/

>4) URL to any available documentation or specifications for the
>implementations.

No documentation is available at this time.

>5) An indication of whether any METS tools developed as part of the
>implementations are available to other METS implementors; and if so, under
>what terms (freeware, licensed software, etc.)

We are studying the possibility and implications of releasing source code
we develop under an open source license.  In the mean time, we could make
code available subject to bilateral agreements.

>6) Contact name and email address.

Brian Tingle http://www.ucop.edu/cgi-bin/ph.pl?Qname=tingle

-- Brian Tingle
    Development Programmer, California Digital Library
    (510)987-0443