> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:18:34 +0100
> From: Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
>

> They don't have their own elements within ZeeRex, no, but there is
> space for the information to be included.  We didn't want to load up
> on the many many different elements to try and create a full
> collection description or service description framework, rather to
> put in enough broad headings that people can either use what is
> there [...]

Agreed.

> [...] or extend it with different namespaces if they think that's
> appropriate.

Yes, although we official disapprove of that behaviour, if you recall:
see the commentary at
        http://explain.z3950.org/dtd/extensions.html

> Character set on the other hand doesn't have a space, and I agree
> that it needs to be describable along with langUsage.

Yes.

> (And yes, the <links> model is broken. I remember fixing this, but
> obviously forgot to send it to Mike for the website)

I've applied the fix and released it as v1.9 of the DTD: see the site.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "When I took over [as Liverpool manager], I said I hoped
         the team would do the talking for me.  It did" -- Bob Paisley.