On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Ben Soares wrote:
> >From Philip Abrahamson <[log in to unmask]>:
>  Something that should be noted here is that there are a number of
>  different geographic search relationships (GEO attribute set defines:
>  Overlaps, Fully Enclosed Within, Encloses, Fully Outside Of, Near, in
> >From Eddie Boyle <[log in to unmask]>:
>  Mike also is only mentioning 'within' relation operators - but in a geo
>  sense others are needed, including overlap and proximity operators.

As I said the first time this was brought up, though admittedly a long
time ago, overlaps can be expressed by the partial relation modifier and
applies to all ranges/areas not just geographical ones.

For example:
  foo.centuryDateRanges within/partial "1780 1820"

1780-1820 overlaps (ie is at least partially within) two centuries.

So with booleans and partial, when I did the matrix last time, I'm fairly
sure I could express all of the GEO profile relations, but we should
probably do the exercise again.

Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Rob Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
I L L U M I N A T I