Robert Sanderson wrote:

> Shall we shelve the multiple database issue until the NISO group come up
> with a specific list of requirements?  Is this reasonable for us to expect
> them to actually do?

As to the first question, of course we shouldn't develop a solution without
knowing the requirements, but as to the second, no, they're not going to develop
requirements that are meaningful in an SRW or Z39.50 context, without
collaborating with us.  So if we "shelve the multiple database issue until the
NISO group come up with a specific list of requirements" we're just putting
ourselves out of the picture, which doesn't serve either group well. As
suggested earlier we need to meet with these folks. (I'm working on a meeting.)

--Ray