> I have the impression that there still is a lot of confusion.
> URI's to address metadata records are different from URI's to
> adress the digital objects that are described by these
> metadata records.

I was addressing Bill's example. As far as I can tell his SRW server
returns a result set which is little more that a set of URL's to
metadata (and data) on other servers (and that getting this record would
not imply going through the SRW server). In this case the server is
returning a "meta-metadata" record containing a URL to the metadata
record it describes. Within this (application defined) context
dc.identifier seems to me to do the job just fine.

Matthew