Thanks for the interesting responses on this all!

BTW, as I explained to someone off-list, one task that is yet to be done
is figuring out if it's possible to use xslt to do complex bibliographic
and citation formatting of MODS records. Currently RefDB, for example,
preprocesses some of the formatting, and it's not totally clear if xslt
can handle it all without help (though Peter Flynn -- who knows his xslt
stuff -- believes it is possible).

If there are any skilled xslt coders out there with some time on their
hands who think this would be a fun challenge, let me know :-)

Bruce

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different�