Hello Fellows and Friends,

I spotted this on the NEH website today and thought of you...

Betty

Summertime Favorites, a list of recommended readings, represents NEH's long-standing effort to highlight classic literature for young people from kindergarten through high school.

For 2003, NEH revised and updated Summertime Favorites with help from librarians and reading experts.

Thousands of parents and teachers have used Summertime Favorites since 1988 as a supplement to school reading lists to emphasize the value of reading classic books.

Get the list here:
http://www.neh.gov/projects/summertimefavorites.html

*****

P.S.
The participating authors, illustrators, and storytellers are now listed on the National Bookfest Website (http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/).  I'll get an offical announcement to you soon.  When you get that official announcement, please share it far and wide.