At 12:13 PM 8/28/2003 +0200, George Brock-Nannestad wrote:
>From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad
>
>This is in reply/comment to Jon Noring, Aaron Luis Stevenson, Goran Finnberg,
>David Seubert, Mike Richter.
>

>1) Pitching of 78s is an activity that requires you to play the same part of
>a record over and over again, while adjusting the speed, and this causes
>demonstrable wear, unless you use an ELP Laser Turntable.

Yes, it requires repeated playing, but no, it does not require that the
disc itself be played repeatedly - only twice. In my own work, I do an
initial transfer, determine pitch correction, then transfer again with the
correction. The determination requires repeated playing, but that is done
digitally.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/