On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 05:13  PM, Ray Denenberg, Library of
Congress wrote:

> <Name> doesn't have this problem because there is no subordinate
> "actual
> name", but instead a bunch of "name parts" named appropriately
> <namePart>
> (repeatable) so the element names are distinguished.

Yeah, I figured this out subsequently.  Just out of curiosity, did you
guys ever consider using separate elements for the name parts?  I ask
because a facility for abbreviated names would be nice (think long
corporate names and such), but it seems that's tricky with the current
generic namePart element.

Bruce