I like Bill's database information that he's returning with the response.  I
think it's useful stuff when building thin clients.  I've inserted it below,
in case you didn't peek at the raw message.

<SRW:databaseURI>http://herbie.bl.uk:9080/cgi-bin/istcg1.cgi</SRW:databaseUR

    <SRW:databaseBriefTitle>ISTC</SRW:databaseBriefTitle>
    <SRW:databaseFullTitle>Incunabula Short Title
Catalogue</SRW:databaseFullTitle>

<SRW:databaseLogo>http://herbie.bl.uk:9080/images/logo68web.gif</SRW:databas
eLogo>

<SRW:databaseHelp>http://herbie.bl.uk:9080/databases/istc.html</SRW:database
Help>

I see no problem with putting it into the single schema for both SRW and
SRU.  It would be optional and discouraged in SRW and optional and
encouraged in SRU.

Ralph