Dismuke <[log in to unmask]> said to the ARSC list...

> Does anyone here recognize any of these recordings?

> "Old Ironsides"
> It is possible that this song might be the same as the march from the score
> to the 1926 silent film Old Ironsides. The composer credited for the film's
> score is Hugo Riesenfeld.  According to the International Movie Database,
> composer  J.S. Zamecnik, who had a lot of silent film scores to his credit,
> also worked on the film's score.
Yes, that is the march/title from the Paramount picture of the same name.
Gaylord Carter's "The Golden Age Of Silent Movies" (RCA LPM/LSP 2560 credits
Hugo Riesenfeld with no mention of Zamecnik.

> "The Mill in the Blackforest"  ("Die M�hle im Schwarzwald,"
>  an Idyll for Orchestra, op. 52)
I have a match for this on black label Victor 22096-B, by the Victor Concert
Band directed by Rosario Bourdon under the title "The Mill in the Forest".
Composer credit is Richard Eilenberg.  The other side is "Monastery Bells"

... Graham Newton

World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's new CAMBRIDGE process De-Clickle!