Clay and Annemarie and list:

I got some sort of bounce message, I hope message
will not be bounced.

this url explains greenstone in the context of digital
collections.
http://www.sadl.uleth.ca/nz/cgi-bin/library?e=q-000-00---0gsarch--00-0-0-0pr
ompt-10---4----dtx--0-1l--1-en-50---20-about-ead--00001-001-1-0utfZz-8-00&a=
d&c=gsarch&cl=search&d=HASHb90fcf54c318a63cd855f4s29

you can see this in action at:
http://www.sadl.uleth.ca/gsdl/cgi-bin/library
and information on greenstone can be searched by selecting the greenstone
collection and searching for EAD.

Clay from what I read on the Greenstone devel list, the next release 3.0 of
GS
will "support xml".

Cheers,
Rick

Rick Silterra
+1 847 296  2200 x2625
+1 296 5636 (Fax)

Clay Redding wrote:

Good catch, Rick, I forgot about that one.  Does Greenstone now support
arbitrary XML formats now, or still only its own XML format?  I tried
Greenstone 2.39, but didn't like it because I would've needed to
transform the EAD to the Greenstone XML format to make it work.  It
works well if you're not lazy like me. :)