Michael Everson wrote:

> Hello? ca-valencian is available in 3066 if anyone wants to do a little work.

John Clews adds:

That's fine. It would mean no changes to ISO 639-1 or to ISO 639-2.

In passing, Valencian is also likely to be available as a _code_ in
ISO 639-6 (at a very early stage of development in ISO/TC37/SC2)
which would cover dialects and alternative names of languages.

If there is a need for Valencian, it might also be useful for
the IETF language tag discussion group to consider how
RFC 3066 and any successors may relate to ISO 639-6,
as well as to ISO 639-1, ISO 639-2, and ISO 639-3.

Best wishes

John

--
John Clews,
Keytempo Limited (Information Management),