I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but it may be helpful.  There is a MODS to HTML stylesheet at http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/mods.xsl.  On the mods homepage you can view the sample records either in XML form or rendered with this stylesheet.  An example would be something like this: http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cocoon/xslt/mods?url=http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/instances/mods83001404.xml

If you are going to download this file for your local use there is an additional file http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/modsDictionary.xml that you want to download and place in the same directory as the mods.xsl file.

Corey

Corey Keith / [log in to unmask]
Digital Project Coordinator
The Library of Congress
Phone: 202-707-7196 / Fax: 202-707-0115

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/23/03 08:50PM >>>
Dear all

Have any of you been working on displaying MODS records in a user interface?

If so, could you point me to any examples, or perhaps share any
thoughts/decisions on display labels for data?

Here at the National Library, we are using MODS as our storage schema for
the MusicAustralia production service (due early next year), and are
currently developing prototype screens for both brief and full results.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

Cheers

Marie-Louise
Dr Marie-Louise Ayres