> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:29:15 -0400
> From: "LeVan,Ralph" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Why not pick a different bracketing character other than the
> double-quote?  Put the structure inside brackets.
>
> geo.countryBorders within [boundingRect(13N25W, 25S70E)]

Ugh, no!  There's no need to change the CQL syntax to accomodate this.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "St. Augustine [...] came up with the conclusion that the
         story in Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 was not a simple historical
         sequence of events.  It just couldn't be.  It's not what
         the words meant.  It just wasn't" -- Robert Bakker.