For the annual conference workshop in Philadelphia earlier this year,
the ARSC Technical Committee compiled a list of engineers who specialize
do preservation and archival transfer work. Perhaps the list can be
posted on the ARSC website?


>>> [log in to unmask] 10/26/03 01:24 AM >>>
There are recording studio programs, but frankly, I'm not sure how many
the graduates are interested in archival work as opposed to making the
hit. There might be some. You don't know until you ask. I suspect these
organizations might be turning out more grads than there are job
but what else is new?

These two have been around in the U.S. for a while (since your ISP ends
.com, I'm making the leap of faith that you're in the U.S.).

Many other countries have taken this more seriously with "Tonmeister"
degree programs at the university level.

You might also contact your local chapter of the Audio Engineering
Most have newsletters. Some of these accept job postings.



At 10:03 PM 10/25/2003 -0700, Tony Greiner wrote:

>If a small to middle-sized library wanted to hire someone to dub
>(duplicate) some tapes for them, how should they go about finding and
>hiring someone qualified?
>Is there a "certification" program, or some other form of
>accreditation that the institution can rely on to determine
>professional skill?