More detail on my post on hiring av professionals-

I am finishing up an article for a magazine "Public Libraries."  The
article is on basic steps that libraries should tape to preserve
videos of historic interest. Many public libraries have a local
history collection with interviews similar to oral histories, things
tapes off the local or national news that concerns their town, etc.

These type of things generally just lie around- I'm trying to do some
education at a real basic level- but part of that is how to get
things duplicated in a professional manner.

A long answer to your question- but probably most libraries I am
thinking of would have no more than 20-30 of these tapes, and no
hardware other than a standard home playback machine.

Tony Greiner