I would do the initial transfer as "flat" as possible; that way you
will have a preservation copy.

You can always subsequently send the audio out of the computer to any
outboard gear you want to try, if you so choose. Besides, you can make
as many attempts at *tweaking* that way as you want, without playing
the original more than once.

Alyssa.
Alyssa Ryvers
www.musicnorth.com