Thanks so much for getting back to me quickly!

The project that I am spearheading is the development of a template and
stylesheet that will eventually be freely shared with other archives holding
original Quaker materials. We are probably the best funded and staffed of all
of these repositories. Last summer we began a pilot project with the Quaker
Collection at Haverford College to describe our mutual holdings of
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. Now that we have approximately 300 finding aids
(mostly) coded, we need a coherent stylesheet that will make these
collections comprehendible to a wide variety of users. The style sheet that
we currently use for our family papers and corporate records here at Friends
Library is too general for this project. During the fall and winter we will
be polling reference staff and researchers alike to develop a framework. I
need a designer sometime this Spring or Summer to assist us to fine tune this
presentation. At this point I am merely trying to discover what professional
help will cost so that we can determine whether we need to raise money or
whether we can find enough in our regular budget.

I may be naive, but I think we will only need about one or two days of
assistance, starting from the existing style sheet which I modified from one
in the Cookbook. I will certainly contact you in the late winter for a more
specific proposal.

Pat O'Donnell
Archivist, Friends Historical Library
Swarthmore College