I have another question regarding XML Spy and EAD 2.  In my
experimenting I decided to see if my html output was xhtml compliant.
It worked pretty well except that the meta tags, the <hr> tags and the
stylesheet, the end tags are there, but get lost in translation.  There
is also a <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=UTF-8"> tag that I can't find anywhere else other than the
resultant html document.  Is this added by XML Spy, and if so, why is
there not an end tag?

Leah Prescott
Manuscripts and Archives Librarian
Collections Information Technology Coordinator

MYSTIC SEAPORT
The Museum of America and the Sea
G.W. Blunt White Library
75 Greenmanville Avenue