Although this is not strictly a NACO question, I am hoping that one of
you on the list can provide some insight.  One of my co-workers has
approached me with a music libretto whose verso contains the statement,
"Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1860 ... in the
Clerk's Office of the District Court for the District of
Massachusetts."  The question is, does this constitute a copyright
statement?  Can it be given in the 260 field as a copyright date?  We
looked in the LCRI for 1.4F and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks for your help.

Ken
-
*  Kenneth Javonovich