From: Hugh Taylor [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 3:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCTG1] [Fwd: Autumn leaves and Annual reports]

I was out of town at a meeting yesterday. Came in this morning to find the
following in a regular PCC "update" message. I find it strange that the
contribution process should be changed whilst we're working on issues that
include, inter alia, communication with SACO contributors, without our
being kept informed as to what's going on.
 "The Task Group on SACO Program Development is still drafting its final
report that will be available soon. The first draft of the final report has
been circulated among Task Group members; it is anticipated that the
comprehensive report will be available in time for Midwinter 2003 in San
Diego.

SACO participants should benefit from the new SACO "feedback" mechanism
which has been developed and instituted. This software program
automatically notifies SACO contributors when subject proposals have been
downloaded into the authority file and that subject proposals are available
for searching through LC's Web OPAC."
I sugggest that we say in a covering letter accompanying the report that
the latter was drafted before the news of this change was announced, and
that we did not attempt to reflect this enhancement (welcome as it is -
don't get me wrong!) in our comments.

Regards,

Hugh