If you already HAVE the machine, it is certainly a competent machine, and I
would see how it works for the applications you describe.

I would not bother with a pro machine for what you're talking about and
perhaps the Tandberg will meet your needs.

There are much WORSE machines.

I responded the way I did as I thought you were an archive trying to
transfer holdings of the New York Public Library <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard
http://www.richardhess.com/tape/