Hi,

Why are you trying to use EAD for describing music when there are a
number of alternatives that might give better descriptive options?

Unless you truly have a "collection" of music (or your music is a part
of a larger archival collection) in which trying to represent the
heirarchical nature of the collection is paramount (or the a particular
context of the objects in a larger whole) it seems like EAD is not
particularly useful for your task.

You will likely end up with "tag abuse" (cramming things into elements
where they don't belong) or not precisely encoding your information.

I don't know a lot about music description but there are groups and
projects that have thought about music description alot

like ISMIR (international conference on music information) and the

Historic American Sheet Music
http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/sheetmusic/glossary.html
Lester Levy Sheet Music
http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/

And you might want to explore their descriptive methods.

Unless there is a very compelling reason to use EAD because the music
must be  described as a part of a collection, it seems trying to use EAD
to describe music is like wearing a too small pair of high heels to go
hiking.  They don't fit, they are frustrating to get on and once they
are on you can't hike very well. The paucity of music related elements
in EAD is by no means a flaw in EAD. EAD is just meant for other things.

Liz Shaw