Hello Rebecca,
At the Swiss Literary Archives I have encoded a finding aid for Friedrich
Dürrenmatts pictures and drawings which have been digitized at the same
occasion. I have used the <dao>-tag to present the images in the finding
aid, what you will see in the code of the xml-version of the finding aid.
The xsl-stylesheet connects the <dao>-information with the images to present
them in either html or xml. The finding aid is written in German.
http://www.snl.ch/ead/xml/fdabi.html

We also provide an pure html-version of the finding aid for older browsers:
http://www.snl.ch/ead/html/fdabi.html

At the moment, I'm working at an inventory of films and videos on Swiss
authors, where images from the films are presented. In house we connect the
finding aids with the digitized films or videos as quicktime- or mpg-files
(also with <dao>), but because of copy rights we can't present them on
internet. The finding aid, not yet finished, is written in German, French
and Italian.
http://www.snl.ch/ead/xml/imvocs.html
Feel free to have a look at them!
Mit freundlichen Grüssen