Hi Aaron,

Your situation is unusual, in that most institutions would likely link from
the catalog record to the encoded finding aid.  For that, you should provide
a link in your MARC 856 field.  The Application Guidelines are useful for
describing that linking.  Look under "Catalog records" in the index.

From within the marked document, a <note> placed strategically somewhere is
probably your best bet.  Elements like <altformavail> <physloc>, etc. are
not appropriate for the use you describe, as these elements deal with
physical objects or digital surrogates, not catalog records.

Nesting it within <controlaccess> might be a sensible option.  You are
providing detailed markup of controlled vocabulary subject and name content
there already.  A link to the catalog record might "fit."  <note> is a very
flexible element and is valid within <controlaccess>.

Happy Holidays,
Lori

Lori Lindberg
Lecturer