> I cannot remember. Has anyone been thinking about CQL to express ranked
> queries? At times I find it useful to be able to combine strict boolean
> clauses with ranked clauses. The same as '+' used in some search engines

Yep.

> (must have this term, must not have another term, rank using remaining
> terms). Is the idea to modify the OR boolean operator for example?

The relation to specify relevance ranked search, and then the boolean to
specify how to combine them (was the way I'm going to do it)

Eg:

title any/relevant cat and/rel.sumOfRanks title any/relevant dog

(And is why I asked for contextable boolean operators)

Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
,'---/::::::::::.    Nebmedes:  http://nebmedes.o-r-g.org:8000/