> > I take it you partner didn't understand Mike's example
> > title = ((dinosaur and bird) or dinobird)
> > as well, then..
>
> I told her to ignore it as it's not official CQL, but she probably
> understood it. With no other indexes then it's understandable, it's when
> you add the new indexes, relation modifiers and such like that it becomes
> complicated.

So what about:

searchTerm ::= term | '(' searchTerm boolean term ')'

(BTW, minor minor nits:
1)
    boolean       ::= booleanTokesn [modifierList]
    booleanTokens ::= 'and' | 'or' | 'not' | 'prox'
is slightly more consistent.

2)
'<>' is omitted from the list of tokens.

3)
namedComparator is referenced as namedComparitor
Rob

--
      ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson ([log in to unmask])
,'---/::::::::::.    Nebmedes:  http://nebmedes.o-r-g.org:8000/