Somewhere we have to make the bridge to the user who does want CCG and
does not know about http://srw.cheshire3.org/profiles/ccg/1.0/. Is that
bridge is explain or is that bridge the SRU/SRW secs. I mean when a user
wants "ccg" where does he find out the URI that belongs to "ccg"?  Is
that in explain or in a list maintained by ZiNG?

Theo

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/17 4:08  >>>
> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:17:36 +0000
> From: Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Should Profiles be required to have their own URI identifier, rather
than
> just a short name?
>
> Eg: http://srw.cheshire3.org/profiles/ccg/1.0/  vs 'ccg'

Oh damn.  Yes, we need URIs.

> [snip]
> So, after all that, I'm in favor of having just a URI to identify a
> profile, rather than a short name or short name + uri.

I think I agree.  It'll still be _called_ "the CCG profile" when
people talk about it, but there's no need to enshrine that name in
ZeeRex records.

I guess I'll go and make up some URIs for the Bath and Zthes profiles.

 _/|_
/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "MINIX costs $169, but the license allows making two backup
         copies, so the effective price can be under $60" -- Andy
         Tanenbaum.