It was with great sadness that I learned this morning that our esteemed
colleague Bill Moran passed away last night at his home in La Canada,
California. He was 84. He made numerous contributions to our field, and he
will long be remembered as a pioneer in championing the study of recorded
sound.

As per Bill's wishes, there will be no services, and in lieu of flowers,
memorial contributions can be made to the William R. Moran Fund for
Recorded Sound at the University of California, Santa Barbara Libraries.

A complete obituary will appear in an upcoming issue of the ARSC Newsletter.

David Seubert, Curator
Performing Arts Collection
Davidson Library Special Collections
University of California