Are you sure that the problem is not related to your drive? Media
Sciences can help you to qualify both writers and media if longevity and
interchange are important.

Why 1X recording? Our tests show that many writers perform poorly at
very low as well as very high speeds.

You will encounter problems with nearly all storage products. There is
no magic bullet.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.
http://www.mscience.com/