----- Original Message -----
From: "Watsky, Lance" <[log in to unmask]>
>         Today he received the form response from [log in to unmask],
quoted below:
>         While we are unable to respond your emails individually expressing
your very thoughtful sentiments concerning the slicing of an original source
master tape recording from the 1954-55 Elvis Sun Sessions they have been
passed on to the owners of the tapes, Master Tape Collection.
>         The discovery of this tape and the verification process has gone
on for more than a decade during which time Elvis Presley Enterprises (EPE),
RCA/BMG, Sam Phillips and Sun Studios in Memphis, The Smithsonian Institute
and several historians there, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Foundation,
and numerous other public and private concerns have been told of this tapes
existence. At no time has anyone suggested the tape not be cut and sold to
the public, nor has any expressed interest in acquiring the tape to own,
display or museum it.
>         MTC are collectors of memorabilia, meant to be bought and sold.
These tapes were bought in a salvage sale and it is important to point out
that, while my clients have acquired this tape they do not have ownership of
its content. They never sought out or represented themselves to be the
keepers of the Elvis legacy as that responsibility and decision lies with
Elvis estate and its licensing arm EPE.
>         Thank you for taking the time to register your concern.
>         Master Tape Collection
>         www.elvismastertape.com <http://www.elvismastertape.com/>
In other words...welcome to the 21st century! What really matters is making
money...and anything
that makes money can be justified if required! One wonders how Simcoe and
Lincoln would have fared
with the abolition of slavery...
...stevenc