Posted for a non-subscriber.  Please respond to [log in to unmask]

-----Original Message-----
From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Helen Tibbo
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 5:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: $15,000 Fellowships Available

Interested in investigating electronic records issues?

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Electronic Records Fellows program, housed in the School of Information
and Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
is looking for archivists and records managers -or teams of archivists,
records professionals, and academics-with an interest in studying some
aspect of electronic records to apply for its non-residential Electronic
Records Research Fellowships. We will be funding 4 $15,000 fellowships
this year.  In a week or two, we'll send another notice around with the
address of our new Web site, where you'll be able to find out more
information about the program and download an application form.
Meanwhile, here are a few things to keep in mind:

        *       You need not have fully-formed project at this time; we
can help you turn your idea into a proposal.
        *       This fellowship is primarily for working archivists, but
as mentioned above, archivists and academics can team up on a project.
We can "match-up" anyone who would like to work with someone with
similar interests.

        *       This program is based on one in Massachusetts; you can
see the work of their fellows at
http://www.masshist.org/fellowships/fellows.cfm?fellowship=nhprc
<http://www.masshist.org/fellowships/fellows.cfm?fellowship=nhprc> .

        *       You can also look at some of the research issues NHPRC
has identified as critical to the future of electronic records at
http://www.archives.gov/grants/electronic_records/research_issues_conten
ts.html
<http://www.archives.gov/grants/electronic_records/research_issues_conte
nts.html> .

If you have any questions before the Web site goes online, please
contact:

Dr. Helen R. Tibbo, Professor
School of Information and Library Science
201 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
Tel: 919.962.8063
Fax: 919.962.8071

Watch for our next email, because we're hoping to see a lot of
interesting proposals this year.

Dr. Helen R. Tibbo, Professor
School of Information and Library Science
201 Manning Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
Tel: 919.962.8063
Fax: 919.962.8071

Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org. For the terms of
participation, please refer to

In body of message: SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname *or*: UNSUB ARCHIVES