I have one of these drives and I really love its portability and its
flexibility. I would, however, never use it in an archival capacity or
consider it a permanent storage medium. They are too new to the market,
in my opinion, and seem a little transient to me. That is to say, they
will most certainly be replaced by something better or significantly
altered as the technology used to create them evolves. They are also
untested as to their longterm capabilities. Since I tend to be fairly
conservative when it comes to storage, I would stick with the reliable
storage methods currently in place.

--
Miriam Meislik
Associate Archivist

http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh/index.html

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
--Steven Wright

When your mouth drops open, click the shutter
--Harold Feinstein, November 11, 2001

Photography does not create eternity. . . it embalms time,
rescuing it simply from its proper corruption.
--Andr� Bazin (1918�1958)