----- Forwarded by Barbara Campbell/NCS/BLM/DOI on 01/02/2004 09:45 AM
-----

                      Robert W Dahl
                                               To:       BLM_CAD_SURV_ALL
                      01/02/2004 09:42         cc:       [log in to unmask], Andy Senti/COSO/CO/BLM/DOI@BLM, Barbara
                      AM                        Campbell/NCS/BLM/DOI@BLM, George D Franchois/NBC/OS/DOI@DOI
                                               Subject:  Mineral Survey Procedures Guide II

Colleagues,
The early returns are in:
It does appear there was a 1980 printing of the 1980 edition.
This is evidenced by a book jacket:  GPO 857-030.
If you have a book jacket different that this one and the one below, please
contact me.
thanks,

Robert W. (Bob) Dahl
U.S. Department of the Interior
Bureau of Land Management
Minerals, Realty & Resource Protection Directorate
Lands & Realty Group (WO-350)
Cadastral Survey
US Mail:  Mail Stop 1000 LS, 1849 C St., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20240
FEDEX, UPS & Street Address:  Mail Stop 1000 LS, 1620 L St., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036
(202) 452-5132
Fax: (202) 452-7708
Web:  http://www.blm.gov/cadastral/Manual/nextedition.htm

----- Forwarded by Robert W Dahl/WO/BLM/DOI on 01/02/2004 11:37 AM -----

                      Robert W Dahl
                                               To:       BLM_CAD_SURV_ALL
                      01/02/2004 09:25         cc:       [log in to unmask], Andy Senti/COSO/CO/BLM/DOI@BLM, Barbara
                      AM                        Campbell/NCS/BLM/DOI@BLM, George D Franchois/NBC/OS/DOI@DOI
                                               Subject:  Mineral Survey Procedures Guide

Colleagues,
I am asking for your assistance. With my work on preparing the DRAFT next
edition of the Manual of Surveying Instructions, specifically chapter X,
Mineral Surveys, there is a potential reference publication I desire to
know more about. The publication is, Mineral Survey Procedures Guide. This
DOI/BLM Guide was prepared by John V. Meldrum.

My copy, on page i, is dated 1980. My copy's book jacket (the book jacket
is located at the bottom of the last page (page 80 by my copy)) reads:
U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE: 1982-0-578-713/234.

Based upon my research to date:
1) I believe 1980 is the sole edition of this publication.
2) I believe the 1982 GPO printing of this edition is the sole printing.

Here is where you can help - If you have a copy of this publication that is
other than a 1980 edition printed in 1982, contact me.

Bonus - I desire to know more about the 1871 edition of the Manual of
Surveying Instructions. If you have a copy please contact me.