That makes more sense, to use the linking facilities of your CV's
notation.  It's also simpler since the CV schema doesn't have to import
the MODS schema.  If you really need to embed a full MODS record into a
document, though, you can declare an ENTITY in the document type
declaration.

>>> [log in to unmask] 2004-01-28 10:59:41 >>>

I'm embedding it in a document.  I've been playing with how to handle
coding a CV in XML, where I want to be able to use MODS metadata for
publications and presentations.  This perhaps works better, though,
but
is the same idea:

   <publications base="http://www.users.muohio.edu/darcusb/pubs">
     <publication linkend="pb-bd-2004a"/>