The Waring Collection has one disc that is part of  "ASCAP On Parade 1940"
Don't know if this is the same broadcast you have a chance to get.
The part we have has Fred Waring & Pennsylvanians (apparently the "house"
band), Jane Froman, Joe Howard, Irving Berlin and George M. Cohan.

If you get a copy of the whole show I would love to be able to have a copy
of it for our archives.
Peter Kiefer

At 02:12 PM 2/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a chance to get a copy of a "Cavalcade of Music Broadcast: ASCAP
>Concert" broadcast of 10/24/40.
>
>Would anyone have any idea who is on this show?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Neal Lavon
>Voice of America
>Washington, D.C. 20237

PLEASE NOTE: The Waring Webpage address is now:
                     www.libraries.psu.edu/waring/

Peter T. Kiefer, Coordinator
Fred Waring's America Collection
The Pennsylvania State University
313 Pattee Library
University Park, PA 16802-1800
Voice: (814) 863-2911
Email: [log in to unmask]
"The World is a stage, don't trip over a prop."