> In a message dated 2/16/2004 9:13:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

> > The Waring Collection has one disc that is part of "ASCAP On Parade
1940"
> > Don't know if this is the same broadcast you have a chance to get.
> > The part we have has Fred Waring & Pennsylvanians (apparently the
"house"
> > band), Jane Froman, Joe Howard, Irving Berlin and George M. Cohan.
> >
> > If you get a copy of the whole show I would love to be able to have a
copy
> > of it for our archives.
> > Peter Kiefer
> >

> Norbert and Peters says that the CD set is out of print, and they haven't
had
> a copy for years.
> Don Chichester

I found several copies of the four-CD set which is now called "Carousel of
American Music" at:

http://www.musicandarts.com/CD4971n.html

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004ST84/002-5303192-5668020?v=glance

I ordered a slightly used one for under thirty bucks. It shipped 2/6 so it
should be getting in soon. The Music and Arts page has some RealAudio cuts
from the show.

Neal Lavon