I guess I am remarking at the trend.  It has taken only a few years for
the selection of tapes and machines available to be somewhat limited.  I
have a feeling that this trend may accelerate.  In particular, whereas a
few years ago there were a number of different types of VHS tape around,
the choice today is considerably limited.  I know you can get machines
and media from specialty sources, but when locally available stuff is
vanishing, the handwriting would seem to be on the wall. FBS