In a message dated 2/5/2004 1:44:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

As I know Archives need CD players, though they will probably spend more
than the $100.00 or less that I want, does anyone have any recommendations?
Are we down to just 3 brands and models? I have my boom box one and my
Discman but I want one that hooks into my Receiver and looks okay.

Don't go to the super stores. I went to a local Mom-and-Pop audiophile store that had plenty of higher end stand alone single-tray units. Got anice one that's made by Magnavox. Has worked without incident for several years. Cost was around $250. It was worth it.

Cary Ginell
Sound Thinking Music Research