RA Friedman,

Your decision on which speaker system would best suit your needs
depends on a great many variables. The acoustic properties and size of
the listening room are your first considerations. The purpose of the
reproduction is another: headphones or small monitors for near-field
listening are best when making judgments regarding noise-reduction. A
greater distance from the speaker is appropriate when ascertaining how
the end result will play in most home environments.

A few other things to consider: try using a monaural signal path
utilizing a single loudspeaker for auditioning the final material. The
complex phase relationships that occur when using stereo equipment
(especially two speakers) can be the cause of some serious errors.

A very simple loudspeaker design that may be of interest to you
(depending on your room) may be found at:

www.thehornshoppe.com

Check it out.

Stephen Dietz
Gramophonic Sound

PS - Loved your site and the recordings.