Message
I am in the process of converting our finding aids from EAD version 1 to version 2.  One of the things that I am happy about is that I can now imbed indexes right into the finding aid - previously we had separate html indexes and when a person found the index through Google, for instance, it wasn't always clear exactly what they were looking at.  My problem is that we have one collection that has an important index to dates.  In looking at the tag library I see that a <chronlist> may occur within an <index> element but when I try to do this I get an error message from XMLSpy that it is an unexpected child element.  Do I need to edit my copy of the DTD to do this, or am I missing something?  Does anyone else have any date indexes within a finding aid and do you put it somewhere other than <index>?

Leah Prescott
Manuscripts and Archives Librarian
Collections Information Technology Coordinator

MYSTIC SEAPORT
The Museum of America and the Sea
G.W. Blunt White Library
75 Greenmanville Avenue