On Feb 18, 2004, at 3:17 PM, Karen Coyle wrote:

> So if your "archive" refers to the institution, then it would fit as
> part of the location. If so, I suspect that you'd like separate coding
> for the institution and the shelf location, which is the case in MARC
> but not in MODS.

Right.  I'm also noting there's some ambiguity between a location and a
part detail, which is also a location of sorts.

> That said, I don't think that you want to list the location within host
> -- you're really talking about the location of the item itself. So if
> the "host" refers to the collection, you could do:

> or, using the host location as the location of the archive.

Ah; hadn't thought about that one.  Good point.

So...I guess I'll put the document location ("MC#001 Box 1124 Folder
8") in the main record and the archive location in the host.

Thanks!

Bruce